What does it mean when my dog does this?

Saturday, October 03, 2009 Posted by revalbertkang



When my dog barks, I quickly run to his side and hold him closely and ask him, “Who is it?” He looks at me and licks my face once or twice, then after that, he usually stops barking. If he did not, then I will ‘shussshhhhhhhh’ him. This normally would stop him from barking without me having to say any additional words. What does it mean when my dog licks my face? How can I stop him from barking without having to use water to spray him? When I say, “quiet”, I believe my dog thinks that I am barking like him.
Answer provided by Daddy Albert
Oh dear, your dog thinks that you are playing with him.
Make sure that whenever he barks for no reason at all, you should through your non-verbal and tone of voice, show that you disapprove his barking.
When he proceeds to lick your face, do not allow that. Stand up and show displeasure.
Your dog will soon learn that barking for fun is not fun at all. He will get scolded and ignored.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails