Her Majesty, Mercy the Queen

Friday, May 27, 2011 Posted by revalbertkang

Written with my very own paws - Mercy the Queen

You will notice that in this blog, I have declared my sovereign rule over all the critters in my house. Apart from Dad and Mom, I am the Queen! 

I earned this title the hard way - Danny the black puppy had grown up. He is as tall as I am. One day, he was chewing on a bone and I decided that he had enough of chewing, So I took it from him... politely. You see, Dad and Mom had taught us all to be polite with one another - even to the Monsters. (Those who just read my blog - 'monsters' is a euphemism for cats).

Who Is The Queen?
Danny did not want to oblige my politeness. He showed his yellow teeth and curled up his ugly nose. He lowered his head, let out a slow growl that most probably would frighten most critters. His paws were over the bone and his mouth gripped it tight. Before he could even say, 'jumping monkey', I already got the bone in my mouth. I was strong and fast... I mean really fast. For my stout size, most canines would be awe-struck by my speed. Daddy told Mom that I behave like the Hong Kong actor, Sammo Hung. I rather be known as Jackie Chan or Jet Li. 

Back to the story about Danny's rebellion - and so I had the bone. As I settled down to chew, I saw a dark figure suddenly flashed beside me. Thanks to my instinctive reflect action - I rolled and was back on my four feet. The next thing I did was to jump on that black figure and went for his jugular. Then I realized that it was my 'brother' - Danny the Rebel. So I did not clamp my jaws hard but gripped him hard enough to let him know who was boss. 

Danny was no push-over either and he tried to bite my front paws. This time, he really got me mad and so I pinned him down with my massive weight (not as massive as Sammo Hung's) and gave him a bit of sisterly advice. That advice was in the form of a harder bite to his right front paw.

Woof! Woof! The fight was over because Danny was screaming in pain. Daddy rushed out and this sad case of a canine went screaming and limping all over the front porch. By that time Daddy was checking his paws. After a while, Daddy smiled and said, ' no wound'. 

Woof! Woof! I knew it all along that this sissy black canine was very thin-skinned. So, from that day on, Danny keeps his distance whenever I am chewing on anything. He has learned that I am the boss among the critters.

If I were to be a male dog, then I would the King. You have heard of King Tut and so I would be known as King Mercy. However, since I am the feminine version of a king, I am more like Esther the Queen. So, from that day onward, I am known as Mercy the Queen. Ahem, did I hear someone says, "Your majesty"?

2 comments:

  1. Ysabelle said...

    Nice post you got here. I'm becoming more and more interested with your stories. I must admit Danny is One of the most handsome dogs I've seen. You sure took a lot of effort in taking care of it. Congratulations. All the effort is worth it.

  2. Mercy the Dog Blogger said...

    Thanks for making Danny so happy. He is now so proud that we have to force some humility into him. Woof woof.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails