Why We Dogs Enjoy The Sun

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 Posted by revalbertkang


Hello, this is Goodness, the prettier sister of fat Mercy.
Do you see the photo? There I am - the beauty lying nearer to the flowing stream created by the water sprayed by Daddy while cleaning the other side of the porch. I love lying on the front porch and soaking in the sun. Mercy spends lesser time doing that. I am the champion in sun bathing. If your dog has never try it, you must let him do so.
Sun is good for many reasons. Mommy, who is the world's famous nutritionist, says that sun gives us vitamin D. Mercy and I have been discussing about this vitamin D stuff, for the life of us, we have never seen vitamin D coming from the sky. Nothing drops unto the front porch or even our neglected backyard. Nothing! Our parents say strange things all the time.
Daddy says that the sun helps us get rid of the critters on our fur. We have not seen any critters ever since Mommy put that smelly lotion on our fur. She says that all the ticks or whatever critters would hate to visit us. That is quite puzzling to us too. We get our shower once every two days and so how can any critters even stay on our fur?
Talking about critters - well, my plump sister and I don't mind the black furry critter that drops in the other night. Our neighbor, Mrs. Wong chases a black critter out of her porch and it jumps right into ours. Daddy and Mommy are about to enter the car parked at the entrance, when they see the incident. We see the critter and quickly surround it. That black creature curls up and snarls. It is the ugliest sight that we have ever seen. 

Daddy shouted, "Cat!"
He runs towards us but the cat takes the moment of distraction to leap over the fence and disappears. Well, that is our little adventure with a furry critter known as 'Cat'. After we have gotten over our initial shock, we think that maybe Cat would make a good friend. You know that Mercy and I are very friendly dogs but Daddy and Mommy are not so sure about that.
Back to the sun - in Malaysia, we do enjoy the four seasons - they are hot and hotter, wet and wetter. The weather is either hot or wet. Life is not boring because of these four wonderful seasons that we enjoy over this part of the world.
Sun is good for me because its warm rays relax my muscles. I really like my body to be heated up. Don't worry, I won't cook myself up. When it gets too hot, I will howl for Daddy or Mommy to open the door so that I can cool myself in the house. Daddy's study is the best place to cool down because it is air conditioned.
Mercy would already be inside the study. She loves being near our parents. Mercy is the tactile type. She loves to be stroked, petted and cuddled. Don't get me wrong - I love all these cuddling and petting but not as much as Mercy. I prefer chasing stray insects, lying in the sun and chewing on my bone. Enough of typing, I am going to lie in the sun again. Woof woof!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails