The Dry Dead Frog

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 Posted by revalbertkang


Written by my own paws - Mercy

Yesterday, my sister, Goodness, took all the limelight. Today, I have to snatch the laptop back from her. Well, I read about Goodness calling me 'Fat Mercy' and so I complained to Mommy. Mommy scolded Goodness for being so rude. Serve Goodness right for being so disrespectful. After all, I am the elder of the two and she should show me some respects.

Goodness was talking about critters yesterday. Well, we actually had a visiting critter. When Daddy noticed it, this critter was already dead and dry. We told Daddy that we did not kill the frog. It was already dead when we found it. Daddy looked at us with great suspicion written on his face. 

"Who killed this frog?" He asked.

Goodness and I looked quickly at each other and shook our heads. No, it was not us. It must be those wild crows up on the trees by the corner house that did it. Or it could be that black critter known as 'Cat'. Yes, it must be the 'Cat'.

Daddy was not convinced. He kept looking at us for any sign of guilt. Goodness made a nervous but foolish move. She ran into the house.
Daddy walked after her and asked, "Did you do it?"

Goodness looked away blankly at the TV. Then I came to her rescue. I nudged Daddy's legs and then rolled over. Ah, that always touched his heart. He sat down on the floor and petted my head. Then in non-verbal language that could only be communicated between a father and his daughter.
I explained that it was really not Goodness who killed the frog. It could be the crows, the cat or one of the boys who often throw little toys or fruits into our house for us to play. 

Referring to the CSI shows that Daddy used to watch on TV, I asked him to look at forensic evidence. The frog was already dry when we found it. If we were to kill it then it would still be fresh. Can we kill a dry dead frog that may have died a few days ago. 
Daddy thought for a moment and declared, "Case closed!"

Whew, that was a close one. Daddy quickly disposed of the dried carcass while we calmed ourselves down. We then picked our little corners in the house to catch a quick nap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails